Junior-level Linux Systems Administrator
Posted 3 years ago
In this Linux Systems Administrator role, candidate will configure, update, and patch Linux-based voice telecommunications servers for a variety of customers in North America and the European Union. Qualified candidates will work virtual office supporting customer networks via VPN and secure networks.
Pay Rate: $20/hr.
- Participate in system build and administration activities including Installing, server hardening and patching Linux operating systems
- Perform successful root cause analysis for problem resolution on Linux servers
- Assist in implementing, supporting, and troubleshooting voice application components for the BroadWorks application suite
- Average of 40 hours per week with some after-hours support required
- Collaborates with other IT functions on complex business requirements, including integration points.
- Associate degree in Computer Science or related field preferred (or equivalent experience)
- 1 to 3+ years of Linux system administration experience including knowledge of scripting and automation
- Familiarity with RedHat and CentOS
- Experience working with Networks, DHCP DNS, Pixey booting (PXE) and subnetting
- Customer-driven focus with excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent troubleshooting skills
- Strong ability to collaborate and be a strong team member
- Ability to multi-task in a dynamic environment with changing priorities
To apply, please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.